fall

fall

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Searching

Even though I had surgery not long ago which made the pelvic pain manageable I am still in pain. I go to physical therapy every other week and it has helped me a lot but it is not enough. I am slowly coming to terms with accepting this and I may have to live with chronic pain for the rest of my life. I certainly am not going to consider another surgery right now being that the last one was six month ago.
In addition, I get really bad migraines when the pain intensifies, luckily these have been far apart recently. My anxiety level has been pretty high and I am having difficulties with it and it frustrates me beyond words can express. Some times I have no control of it, I could wake up in the morning with a dreaded feeling and anxiousness for no reason. Of course there is the hormone imbalance, stress of IF, work and the chronic pain at the root cause of it.

I need counseling ASAP. I am looking for a therapist who specializes in coping with chronic pain and also anxiety. I prefer a woman, I would think only a woman can understand the emotional turmoil that is created by hormonal imbalance and infertility. I am having difficult identifying such person in my area. I feel like I am slowly sinking in unnecessary worry, fear that is accompanied with chronic pain and it needs to be addressed.

2 comments:

  1. Yucky! All of this is so hard. I'm sorry. Being sick and in pain for long periods of time takes such a toll on your spirit. I've been in counseling many times, some therapists have been great, others less so, and one was downright nasty. I wish you luck in finding someone great! :) And I hope that you find some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe sweetie, I hate this. My prayer will be that you find a therapist who can help heal your mind, body and spirit.

    ReplyDelete