fall

fall

Friday, August 9, 2013

Quick Takes


1.  I had my first ultrasound yesterday.  Baby is measuring 6 wk 1day.  All looks good.  I saw the heart beat but they couldn't measure it.  I am suppose to go back in two weeks.    I had another blood draw for a progesterone test, will get that back on Monday.   Hopefully it is rising.   Trying to avoid the progesterone injections.

2.  We have all been sick around here.  I went out with my old coworkers for lunch last week.  I took MH with me.  The next day she came down with a cold and had a low grade fever.  I had dinner and play date planned with my friend but I had to cancel.  Didn't want to get her kids sick.  She has enough of that from daycare.    Two days after I got the same cold.  I haven't gotten a cold in so long, being pregnant I guess I am susceptible.   DH came down with something a couple of days ago, his seems some kind of stomach bug and he had a fever.  He just started to feel a little better today.  So I have been busy this week trying to take care of everyone else.  My Mom is ok,  as soon as MH came down with the cold she started drinking tea with garlic and ginger.   Nasty stuff I tell you anything to fend off the virus.   I couldn't stomach the garlic so I have been seeping on ginger tea.

3.  My pain level has been going down gradually and now I only have lower back pain, the side pains are disappearing.  I love pregnancy.  I am also doing better emotionally.  Again I love pregnancy.   I am tired than usual but heck I am almost pain free so who cares.

4.  I have been thinking about returning to work a lot this week.  As soon as I start feeling better I am now thinking how and when I should be back.  Then I calm myself down and remind my self to take it one day at a time.  Right now, I am going to focus on the pregnancy and home.   Part of it is we have had  a few unexpected expenses the last few weeks and we had to spend some of our saving.  This is the first time we had to do this since I quit my job but the fact that DH is not teaching part time (2nd job) have me nervous.  We will not be able to save a dime, if anything we may have to spend more of our saving.  

5.  Now that I am feeling better, I can spend some time trying to update myself professionally.  I just lack the dedication but some how it has to come from somewhere. 

6.  Having my Mom with us has been a blessing.  She has been thinking of going back home for a few months and I am trying to arrange it so that she goes sooner than later.  I need her later in the pregnancy.  I am so spoiled. 

7.  Run out of things to say.  I am just so happy about this pregnancy.   Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for a heartbeat!!!!! That is the best sound in the world! I get all emotional just thinking about it. I'm glad you feel so much better during pregnancy. So hard to be sick all the time. I hope you can arrange things with your mom so that she'll be there when you need her. Just love how wonderful everything is right now!

    ReplyDelete