fall

fall

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Therapy

So I finally started seeing a counselor to get some help with my Anxiety issues. I had contacted her prior to finding out about the Pregnancy and my main focus was for her to help me with dealing with chronic pain and also emotional issues.

Since finding out I was pregnant the hormonal high and lows are gone but I still don't feel right sometimes. There is multiple issues at hand, being anxious for no reason, sometimes mild depression, unable to concentrate and being tired almost all the time. The tiredness was a lot better when I was on HC, I actually felt a lot better than I have felt in years. It has been more than a month since I stopped HC and all the symptoms seem to be coming back and I guess being Pregnant doesn't help the situation either. I also have light numbing headache and I am afraid that my migraines might come back.

So far I have seen the Dr. twice and I don't know if anything would come out of this but I guess time will tell.

Having lived with chronic pain and just not feeling well for years I am emotionally exhausted and although my body is a lot better as far as pain and endo my mind has not caught up. I still feel anxious in social situations or anticipating being at one place for longer than my body could take. I am afraid to try new things, don't go out much unless with family, and play it safe all the time. After a full day of work I have no energy to do anything else but sit for an hour or so before I start dinner.

The one mistake I have made at the time of intense pain is not quiting my job and allow for some healing. I pushed and pushed and would literally sit in meetings at work or at my desk and would not be able to concentrate because I was in so much pain. Pain accompanied with fatigue is hard on any body.

In addition to all the issue I also have digestive issues where I can't absorber the necessary vitamins I need because of years of eating gluten and I guess my gut is damaged. My stomach has slowly been healing and the vitamins I am taking are helping but I am not there yet. After months of being on vitamins I am still low on B vitamins, vitamin D and a few others.

All this situation contribute to your mental state and little stress makes me over react. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and I would learn how to copy.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not complaining of being pregnant. Its the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and it still has not sunk in fully. I just wish I was in a better health for it and trying to do my best to heal.

2 comments:

  1. Awe I hate reading about your pain. Don't you just wish someone could just take it away. I'm so sorry. I am, though, so very happy that you have achieved pregnancy and am praying for your health and the babies health throughout it. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that anyone would understand that while you are SO happy to be pregnant, that it is still very difficult to be so sick. Especially in pain and dealing with chronic issues. So sorry. *hugs* Um, as far as absorbing nutrients, I have a couple of friends... one with Crohn's disease and the other with ulcerative colitis. I know it's not the same as gluten gut, but I think it's kinda similar. Anyway, they can't absorb nutrients well either because of the damage, and their doctors have them buy something called ultra inflammex, or something like that. Don't know if it has gluten in it, but I'm sure there's something on the market like it for gluten free people. It's like a protein shake almost, only instead of protein is all these nutrients in a really absorbable form. I know it has helped my friends immensely. They just get it from a healthfood store. Good luck with everything! I hope you can find things to help you through this.

    ReplyDelete