fall

fall

Monday, February 14, 2011

OB Selection

I finally made an appointment with my old OB but feel a little uncomfortable. There is a clinic with five OBs a mile away from my job I was considering but I didn't want to go there because I would have to explain what treatment I am on, weather they agree with it and so on to five different Drs. Plus I was told that the staff was not too nice so I wanted to search for another one.

Before going to a fertility Dr. I was going to another OB who I liked and had also delivered my sisters kids. When I was in pain from Endo which he suspected I had he sent me to a fertility Dr. who did my first surgery. He wasn't able to free up my ovary that was stuck to my side of the pelvic. After my surgery my pain became continues. His solution was to do Lup.ron and then IVF which I nicely declined. I do not want to go back to the fertility Dr. Any how I feel weird going to my OB that I used to go to because he is the one who referred me. So I finally gave in made the appointment with my previous OB. I will be going on Thursday. If things don't work out I can always change.

Infertility and Endo has made me way too picky about Drs. But you have to be I guess. It took me 15 years to figure out that I had Endo and a good 3 years for my thyroid to be diagnosed properly. So if I didn't push for a better Dr. the last couple of years I wouldn't be here.

I also don't know how I feel about unmedicated birth. When I asked my husband that I should look in to it he was kind of shocked. I don't know if I have it in me to do this but something to think about.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad that you're going to be seen this week! Even if you don't like the doc, at least you have one now. You can search for a better one if you want, but in the mean time you have someone to call in an emergency. But I totally hear you about being picky with doctors. I don't really love my OB either, but he will do for now. If he does or says something stupid, then I'll find another.

    Wow, unmedicated birth... I say, go for it if you want to, but do it in a hospital where you can change your mind if you feel like it. :) Haha. Speaking as one who had a 28 hour labor, about 10 of it natural, 18 of it with epidural, then a c-section... I think that whoever invented the epidural should have their own holiday! Haha. But I also have a good friend who has had 3 kids natural and says that the natural high afterward is amazing and she wouldn't do it any other way. It's whatever YOU want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel better to read you are going to be seen too. I agree with coco. You can switch later or shoot, you can go around searching but you at least have to have one now.

    Unmedicated birth...I will be 100% into reading what you have to say about it if you do this. I often think about it myself but then I laugh at myself b.c I don't know if I can do it. Then again, I have to get pregnant first!

    ReplyDelete