fall

fall

Friday, July 1, 2011

Failed

I failed the first glucose test, bummer :(. I am going to schedule the second one for next week.


I saw my OB early this week after a good 6 wks because I forgot that I had an appointment once and he canceled on me on the second one. Anyhow, he started by asking me if I am still having problems to which I answered what problems? Obviously he doesn't read his chart properly but I had told him that the Fetal medicine Dr. had said I may be in high risk group for preeclampsia based on the low PAPP-A level but that I am doing fine and have no symptoms. My husband said the OB is not attentive and he is disappointed.
He also told me I should have at least two ultrasound between now and birth. Gave me a choice that I can do it at the Fetal medicine Dr. or his office. I prefer the fetal medicine Dr. since they have better equipment and are better trained to handle complications.

I have only gained 0.5lb over the last 6wks so I have been told to up my food in take a little and gain at least 11lb until birth. Most of my weight gain was during the first 14wks. I have only gained 14lb so far.

Praying that I pass the second glucose test. I have been told I need to come in every two weeks for check up, if I fail the second test it would be every week for the next 12 wks.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yuck! I'm sorry you didn't pass the first test... but I'll bet you pass the second one. From what I hear, the most common symptom of gestational diabetes is weight gain, and since you're not gaining weight I'd bet you don't have it. Good luck!!! Sorry your doc is a twat. Go and eat something yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete