fall

fall

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nasty sugar drink

The other day I went to La.bcorp for 3h glucose test and was told I needed an appointment which I made for Sat morning. I fasted for at least 10 hours and was feeling fine besides the hunger pain. It took me less than 5 min to drink the stuff even though it was nasty, can't handle sweet stuff in the morning. All was fine until after 45 min, and all of it came out :(. Glad I had plastic bags in my purse for this purpose because I walked out of the waiting area looking for a restroom and non on the same floor so had to throw up in the hallway.
I was told I need to come back so I made another appointment for next Sat. The drink is awful once it sits in your stomach for a few minutes. I am just hoping that I don't throw it all up again. After the ordel DH took me out for a big breakfast, baby and I were very happy :).

I am starting to eat a little more than usual but it is so hard to find things to snack on when on Gluten free diet. All the snacks I crave involve bread with melted cheese, penut butter, or some kind of spread. After going through a food book at the book store, forgot the title, it says it your great grandmother doesn't reconginze the food you are consuming then don't eat it so I am trying to stick by that mantra since it makes a lot of sense. I don't have to go back to great grandma, my E.thioian grandmother wouldn't recongnize all the process food I cosume.

I have joined a local CSA sharing with a friend of mine and I am a bit disappointed by the amount of produce they give us. We pick our share ever other week but the choices are limited and size very small. I wouldn't mind the limited choice but if you give me kale I don't want something that can only supplement one meal, I want a few bunches. Pluse they seem to harvest some of the produce way to early, like beets, I have never seen beets that small and very bitter.

I don't think it is worth the drive and money spent. I think we are better off buying what we want from a farmers market.

Blogger is not letting me leave comments. It asks for sign in even though I am already signed on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yuck! I'm so sorry about the pukes and the sugar drink! Hope you can keep it down next time, that's just awful! We just tried a food co-op this week too and were very disappointed in it as well. Think we'll stick with our own garden and the farmer's market too. Blogger is so stupid. Really it only works half the time. Lame.

    ReplyDelete