fall

fall

Friday, September 17, 2010

Lab Results

I went to see Dr. C today. Three weeks ago I have done lab work for thyroid, Adrenal and other stuff. Here are the result; surprizingly most things are within the normal range. Below are the numbers for the ones that are not within the normal range or on the low side.

Tests came Low for the following
Ferritin: 9 ng/mL (normal range >50 ng/mL)
Vitamin B-12: 261 pg/mL (normal range 211-946) the Dr. says >900 pg/mL is the aim)
Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy: 10.5 ng/mL (normal 70-90 ng/mL)
Selenium: 157 ug/L (normal range 100-340)
Folic Acid: 12.3 ng/mL (mormal >20 ng/mL)
Free T3: 2.5 pg/mL (normal range 3.2-4.4pg/mL)


The following were all within the normal range
Aldosterone
Blood counts with platelets and complete differential
DHEA-S
Free T4
Reverse T3
TSH
Lipid Panel
Magnesium level RBC
Pregnenolone
Sedimentation Rate, non-automated
Serum Iron
Thyroglobulin Antibody
TPO Microsomal Antibody
Total Cortisol AM
Zinc

I have been miserable for the last couple of days with migraine headaches and the usual and haven't been able to go to work. When I got to the Dr. office I could barely keep my eyes open. Any how my Adrenal Cortisol and DHEA levels are within the normal range which surprised me since I measured slightly low a year ago.
So she put me on slow release T3 and Iron, B12 (sublingual), Vitamin D-3, Selenium and B-complex supplements. In addition she prescribed C.y.mbalta for anxiety and also pain. Apparently this drug is also used for pain which I didn't know. I am a little apprehensive about this but I have no choice so I will take it and see how it goes. She also put me on prometrium. Since I am doing the cycle long test with Dr. S I will hold off on taking the progesterone until the next cycle. Just like Dr. S suggested she also said to hold of on TTC for a few month until I feel better.

I am on CD14 and seem like I ovulated today. I have pain all around my back and around ovaries. There is a possiblity that I have cysts. I guess will find out when I see Dr. S in November.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you have bad news with the good. At least you and your Dr know where the problem areas are and you can work on that. Sorry that the pain's haunting you too. I hope your new meds are going to help and that the pain goes away soon... (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete