fall

fall

Monday, October 6, 2014

Update

1. The new diet where I am eliminating legumes and most grains (except teff & white rice) has been going Ok.  Partly a failure I guess, I just couldn't take myself off sugar in my coffee.  So right now I have a teaspoon of honey with tea in the morning and a teaspoon of sugar with coffee in the afternoon.  In addition, I was only able to give up crème in my coffee for like a day.  I guess I can manage drinking dark coffee when I am at home but I just don't like store bought coffee test without the cream.  One thing I did well with is eating more veggies.   I have included veggies at ever meal including breakfast and I am loving it.  Usually I always have something green for lunch and dinner but breakfast was lacking.  I also try to make two-three vegetable dishes a day so that we get variety.  On Friday we went to Trader Joe's and bought all kind of veggies that would last at least a week.  I also cut down rice portions by half.  The aim for this week is to look into baking with almond floor so I can slowly back away from rice.  The other day I was going to buy it from a local organic place but a small bag of it costs $10.  I figured I can get it somewhere else for cheaper.

2.  Toddler MH turned three two weeks ago.  We had a small party for her at home.   The girl still has no interest in eating cake or for that matter a lot of other things.  I am attempting to have a structured time where she can sit and do some preschool.   She knows all her letters, colors, shapes and can count to 20.   She also knows most of the Amharic letters.  Since she was two she has been watching Amharic learning videos and that helps a lot.  I am struggling with teaching in two languages.   I am thinking that mornings will be reserved for learning in English and may be 30 min in the afternoon we can learn some Amharic.   It is really hard to teach a 2nd language.  Mostly we talk to her in Amharic but since she watches some TV she has a tendency to only talk in English.   She does understand Amharic but she is just not at a point where she can talk with the exception of a few words here and there.   For us it is very important that we teach her Amharic, it is just part of teaching her about her culture.  I often see grown kids complaining that their parents did not take the time to teach them about their culture and language. 

3.  I am reserved about posting pictures of my little girl.  DH doesn't know I have a blog.  Yes it is been four years and he doesn't know I have one.  At the beginning I didn't tell him because I think I thought he would find the idea too weird, especially with something so private as infertility.  I had planned to tell him if I stuck with it but then it is nice to have something so private.   He knows I read blogs, mainly blogs with infertility. 

4.  Around this time of the year I always struggle.  I hate winter.  I love fall but it just reminds me of winter and I get depressed.   I noticed that I am visibly down on cloudy cold days.  The summer has been fun with sitting out on our deck sun bathing while toddler played with her water table.    I have not taken vitamin D in a few months.  My Dr. said the one thing she want me not to stop taking is vitamin D.  But I don't do well on it.   I just can't pinpoint the exact issue I have with it but every time I want to take it my gut says no.   I take prenatal everyday which has a low vitamin D dose.    I will be seeing my Doc in Nov and will see where my levels fall.

5. On TTC front I am on cd12.  For the last few months I have had 40 day cycles.  So unheard of for me with out any meds.  If anything my cycles were short before my 2nd surgery.    This happened after a cycle on HCG.   So right now I am on no meds.  I am done with meds for now.   I am drinking red raspberry tea everyday and taking pycnogenol.  After the HCG cycle I had no CM the entire month so I tried Red Clover tea for one cycle.  It worked wonders with the CM but my period went back to being 2 days of spotting and nothing else.  So I have dropped the Red Clover tea and we will see what this cycle looks like.   A few days ago I had some fertile CM which disappeared and today I am on cd12.  I guess it is going to be another 40 day cycle.

6. In the summer we had a lot of family activities to the point of seeing the large extended family for three weekends straight.   This past weekend it was nice to not have to be somewhere.   We had a slow weekend where we went out for coffee, to the mall, playground and just sitting at home with my hubby.   The next few weekends I am going to make sure we go out and enjoy what is left of the relatively warm weather.  Hope everyone reading is doing well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment