fall

fall

Monday, October 13, 2014

This & That


1. Earlier last week I was feeling really crappy.  I woke up one day and just felt irritated and depressed.  Being on cd 12 or so I was baffled.   I was mopping around for a few days and full of anxiety for no reason and bam, I started spotting on cd15 and the anxiety and depression lifted.  The next day AF was here.  Yes I had a 15 day cycle, I should have suspected this since I only had fertile CM right after AF for only two days.  Welcome premenopause or what ever this is.   My last few cycles were long like lasting 40 days.   I think my body is trying to reset after the HCG injection a few months ago but it could also be this is my new normal.   When I took estrogen pre-ovulatory in the spring the same thing happened.  I had a couple of long cycles  and a 16 day cycle followed by two text book 28 day cycles.  Then I took the HCG injection and things haven't been the same ever since.  Lets just hope that things will reset and I will be back to regular cycles.  

2.  I have been thinking about what options I have medically in dealing with the  endometriosis pain.  Premenopause could last years so I need to look at my options now that having another child looks out of reach.   Hysterectomy is not a good option for me since the endometriosis pain is localized outside of the uterus.   I don't have a lot of bleeding or intolerable premenstrual cramps.  What makes my life hell is the pain especially during the ovulatory phase.  I don't think I want a complete hysterectomy, I think removing my ovaries at this point is a no no.   So my options are limited.  My pain level is gradually getting better since I am off estrogen.  I am trying to clean up my diet as much as possible and see if that makes a difference.

3.  Most days I am OK with not having another child but some days it hurts.   When I got pregnant last summer I was hoping for a girl because I wanted my little girl to have a sister.  But recently I have dreams that I am holding a baby boy or when I see a baby boy I have this weird feelings.   I don't know where this is coming from.

4.  This weekend I did not do so good with keeping up with the anti-inflammatory paleo diet.   We went to California kitchen and DH pointed to the option of gluten free pizza and I just had to have it.   Well the curst tested like cardboard and couldn't eat much of it after the 2nd slice.    I also consumed sugar in my coffee and cream.   I have been doing so good with adding extra veggies.  I am not into raw vegetables so may be I will share a few of the simple recipes I use for veggie dishes.

5.  I rarely get colds or flu.  Like may be a cold every two years.  Last time I had a flu is back in 2005 I think.   So I was talking to my cousin who always gets what ever is going around and she takes care  of herself more than anyone I know.  I was telling her that for whatever reason I rarely get colds.  That afternoon I felt kind of off and my throat felt scratch.  Next morning I woke up with a cold.  So I took it easy for a day and by the next afternoon I was feeling like myself.  I better  not say this thing out loud.  I have enough sickness as is, don't want to add to my misery.

1 comment:

  1. I swear I commented on this post a day or two ago. I wonder where my comment went? LOL. Anyway, I'm sorry you're in in pain still so much. But you're just like me about getting sick. I think it's my autoimmune disease, but I almost never get sick. But with AF, we're complete opposites. I finally started AF on CD51. Lame. And oy, I'm in a lot of pain this time. Ugh. I believe in dreams. I hope yours come true. :) I just can't give up yet. We'll see what happens as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete