fall

fall

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Update

1.  I hosted thanksgiving, pretty similar as last year.  My parents and one of my sister and brother family came.   It was small gathering and nice.  As I have said before all my siblings and most extended family live around here and we see each other a lot.   I made most of the meat dishes and my mom took care of the veggies.   We mainly cooked E.th.iopian dishes so no turkey.   But I have decided that starting next year I will be give Turkey a go, my nieces and nephew where disappointed that there was no turkey on the table.  I was just too lazy this year so I kept it safe.  

2. I think I am loving desiccated thyroid med.   Usually evenings are rough for me.  I am usually mentally exhausted after 7 pm.  But I have noticed that after starting the desiccated thyroid I am feeling better.  I have also noticed that my anxiety has lessened a bit.   So that is a plus.  However, I have noticed that if I take both the T3 and desiccated thyroid in the morning I end up with a huge headache by mid day so I am taking the desiccated thyroid in the morning and the slow release T3 by lunch time .  That seem to work better.   We shall see.  But I am just so excited to see improvement.

3. Although MH is 2 years old we have delayed some of her vaccination.  I know this is controversial and I am not going to discuss in to why we chose to do this but I am spacing out her vaccination.   Today we went for the chicken pox vaccine, the kid went in all happy and came out grumpy but she was fine.  Although I have told the doctor that we wanted to space out/delay the vaccines he always just acts surprised.  Today he asked me how many he is allowed to give her and I said just one.  So he said may be I will convince you to combine the remaining in one shots.  I said Ok and didn't say anything.  I will fight that fight when we go in next time.  

4.  On Saturday we went to the mall so I can pick up  gift for a family member.   I forget how much I hate malls around this time of the year.  I like the decorations but I don't love the crowd.  While looking for a parking spot we decided it is useless to drive around so we stood at one spot and waited for people to come out.  Another car came a few minutes later and waited behind us so when the next available spot comes up guess who jumped and drove in in to the spot, yep the car behind us.  And when these people came out of the car after they have parked they wouldn't look at as in the eyes :).  People are crazy around this time of the year and I don't want to be a part of all the hoopla over material stuff.  If I had it my way they will not be any gift buying. 

5. On TTC front I was a little disappointed over my last cycle review.   I am already on Estradiol and progesterone and after I told them that my period was so light this cycle too and asked if the Dr. suggests any changes and they called and said start taking estradiol post peak.  Hello, I am already on it for more than 6 months and then know because I list all the meds for every cycle and send it with my chart, obviously they are not doing a good job on the details.    Any how instead of taking the Estradiol orally it will go in the other way just like the progesterone and we will see if that has any effect with my lining.    I was doing so good over the last few months but this past couple of weeks I have been hung up on the miscarriage and just calculating days on how far along I would have been etc.  All the things that leaves me a little depressed and missing my child.

Not much else to add to this, just enjoying the holiday season.  My hubby will be home for a whole month starting in to weeks so that is pretty exciting.   




1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I get so far behind on reading blogs anymore. I'm sorry! I'll try to be better. About the scare with only a little blood... I got nothing. Sorry. But if you're worried about it being a problem then fight until you get an ultrasound to make sure everything's okay.

    I am so glad that the desiccated thyroid is working well for you! It's so nice to have even the smallest bit of improvement. And as far as vaccinations go, I'm all for them (at least the big ones, the flu shot not so much) BUT I am even more for a mother knowing what she wants for HER child and being free to do that... to follow her own heart in knowing what is best for her own child. A doctor knows crap... as we know too well. If that is what you feel is best for your baby, then fight him or find a new doc who respects your rights as a mother.

    I did Thanksgiving here too... it was a nightmare. lol. Seriously just want some holidays "alone" with my family... not my extended family... just my husband, myself, and our kids... nobody else. :) It won't ever happen, but I can dream...

    ReplyDelete