fall

fall

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meet MH







Our baby girl was born on Tuesday morning. Sorry I just haven’t gotten a chance to update sooner. Hospital stay was filled with some drama with breastfeeding issues, supplementation, weight loss etc.

She was born 5lb and 1oz, 19.5 inches, was smaller than thought, the last US showed closer to 6 lb. Any how she lost 10% of her body weight by day 2 so we had to start supplement.

I am back home now and she is doing good, still using SNS to supplement at the breast so she can gain weight faster. My milk finally came in yesterday but still flowing slow so I am struggling and feeding is a team work right now. Hubby will go back to work tomorrow and I don't know how I am going to manage. She is very irritable with just the breast since it is not flowing as fast as she wants. I am drinking and eating as much as possible so we will see how this progress. I am also pumping and I am on the verge of giving her the bottle and just continue with the pumping.
My back is out and I am tired from too little sleep but that is to be expected. I have so much respect for all mothers out there :). This little girl is kicking our butts but she is the cutest thing ever. I will update more when I get a chance.

6 comments:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful!

    Yes, it will kick your butt! ;)

    Tempted to give a bottle BUT DO NOT DO IT! ;)
    I sew understand your pain, the first 4 months just about kicked my booty. :)- Fight, fight, fight! You can do it!

    If you can find a LaLeche League in your area, they are so supportive and will help you! They are awesome!!

    Supplement her with a syringe...I did it for 6 weeks then I finally gave a bottle. By that time she preferred the boob over the bottle anyway but still needed to be supplemented due to weight gain issues. It's a PITA, but you will make it through.

    breastfeeding will kick your butt too but the reward and pay off are so worth it! :)

    My lactation consultant told me to pump after each feeding....It's a pita too but soon all this will be a distant memory and you will be on easy street!

    It's worth the fight, you can do it!!! Cry when you need too, punch the pillow when you need too, soak up that fussy newborn stage...As hard as it is, it flies by....Sew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacation Blend "Nursing Support"

    Formulated for Women by Dr. Tori Hudson

    The only time I noticed a "let down" was when I was taking these in the beginning. Hands down best supplement ever! ;)

    I found mine at whole foods, but you can order it online....I think amazon. sew

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***Squeeeee!!!*** She is simply GORGEOUS!!! Love her! Congratulations Mama! :) Oye, breastfeeding problems are SO hard! I'm sorry you're dealing with them. The SNS is brutal, especially when doing it alone. They gave me some "tape" to tape the tube in place to help out... but ripping tape off your already sore nipple is just plain brutal.I hope you're able to figure it out, and can get that milk to come in like she needs. I tried for 3 months straight with my first child, and never could... but this time I FINALLY am getting enough milk for her, and she's 2 weeks old. Fenugreek pills work miracles, but makes my tummy hurt. Still, it was worth it for me to be able to breastfeed longer. I hope you don't have to supplement for long, but it's better than having baby be hungry and lose weight. Go with your instincts. You're the Mama and you're the ONLY one who will know what's best to do. Listen to yourself. *hugs* Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, she is gorgeous! Hang in there, it gets so much easier….

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! She is so beautiful. Praise be to God for this wonderful miracle. I will pray that the breastfeeding issues calm down soon..

    ReplyDelete