fall

fall

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random thoughts

AF is no where to be seen. I have brown spotting for the 4th day now. I have mild cramps and the usual lower back pain. It's P14/15 today and this is unusual for me. If I wasn't tortured by endo and infertility I would have tested for Pregnancy but I know better not to go that route. I don't keep pregnancy sticks in my home to minimize the torture I put myself in during the 2WW.

I finally heard from my Dr. on Surgery schedule. It will happen in early July so no chance of me going on vacation with DH. But I am excited that this is going to happen. My goal now is to be as health as possible so I can enjoy my life, ofcouse this all depends on how successful the surgery will be but I am optimistic. I have suffered for the last 15+ years, the first 10 years I had no clue what was wrong with me. Although I was functioning I was always tired, ache, in pain and anxious.

When I was in college I worried how I would manage when I got older if I was already weak and sickly all the time. I went through the years avoiding anything that was physically and emotionally challenging. My purpose was to make it through the day and do the minimum. Work, go to school, come home, hung out with family, all the safe stuff. Now I am at a point I can't even do the safe stuffy anymore. Hoping for the best in the coming months.

2 comments:

  1. I am so so glad your surgery is scheduled! I am wondering-is it a laporoscopy? I just wanted to warn you that sometimes at a lap they see the endo is so bad that they need to schedule a 2nd more invasive surgery (laperotomy-sp?). You may want to talk to his office about this. I just don't want you to be blindsided by another surgery. I did hear one doc does both at once if he sees it is needed and that is neat. It may have been Dr. S. It would mean more recovery time, but it sounds like you are in pain and a likely candidate for it to be bad, so getting it all taken care of asap would be a good thing if possible. (crazy! my word verification was blessed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will be having a laporoscopy. I have had one back in 2008 but that didn't take care of my pain, seem like scar tissue build up plus the endo coming back. Yes I have a lot of question for Dr. S when I go to see him for my pre surgery appointment. It is a scary thought to go for a minor Lap and wake up with a Laparotomy. Thanks for bring this up, I need to write up all my questions.

    ReplyDelete