fall

fall

Monday, June 7, 2010

A.$$ Poking and Pregnant Women

For the last month I have been going to a Physical Therapist that specializes in pelvic pain. This Therapist was the only one close to my house that took my insurance. However her office is located in an OBGYN clinic within a hospital. The clinc is set up for women that do not have insurance or a means to pay for care during preganancy. This therapist is the only one in the office and most of her patients are pregnant women or women who have had kids but are having pelvic pain.

When I was asking for direction to this place before my first visit the receptionist description was its the room in front of the elevator with a lot of pregnant women. Good thing she gave me that info because if I had gone there without this info I would have thought I was in the wrong place.

Anyhow I have been going to this place once a week and each time I am greeted by pregnant women with all sizes of bumps waiting to be called for ultrasounds etc. I usually sit at a corner and try not to stair enviously at their bumps. But today's visit really got to me, I sat in the waiting room for 10 min or so feeling sorry for myself. The Therapist has also gone through infertility and eventually adapted a child, she is in her early 50s so this was a while back but it is nice to talk to some one that understands what I am going through.

I don't know if PT is helping me much, I feel better right after it but haven't felt the long term relief. I don't know how much more of the invasive a$$ poking I can tolerate.

RG

No comments:

Post a Comment