fall

fall

Monday, May 10, 2010

Stuff

Usually on Mother's day we get together for lunch or dinner with my parents and siblings. Being from another country, our culture doesn't have a Mother's day. However, we do get together since we all live close to each other. Mother's day wasn't any harder for me than any other day.

I bumped in to a friend I lost touch with this past week. The last time I talked to her was when she was pregnant with her third child which was unplanned. She was trying to go back to school at the time and boom she was pregnant. Anyhow when she saw me the other day with my husband with no child to show for she said "you still don't have a baby?"-I don't think I have talked to her about our IF situation. She followed with "you are being selfish for not having a baby by now". Wow, what do you say to that, I smiled and said nothing and since her husband seem to be in a hurry with the kids running around we exchanged numbers and parted. Would I have said something like that if I had no issues with fertility, I doubt it. But her words hit me like a brick. People have no clue. Even if I chose not to have kids what gives her the right to call me selfish. If she has asked me nicely I would have said we are trying and it is just not happening for us.

On the health front my Nap.ro Dr. has me on mega dose of Vitamin D and thinks that some of my symptoms are because of the vitamin D deficiency. I just took my first dose and man my stomach is already unhappy. I Still don't have a date for surgery, anxiously waiting.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That's a terribly rude and insensitive remark your friend made! She judged you without even finding out the facts first. She should not make assumptions like that! I'm so sorry you had to hear that.

    Who new vitamins could upset stomachs! Hope you feel better soon and that the extra vitamin D is the answer to your symptoms!

    ReplyDelete