fall

fall

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quick Takes

I have become a bad blogger. I admit that I have been lazy but life has also gotten busy with working and baby.

1. MH is 4.5 month old and is 12.5 lb. Small for her age but growing fine. She is such an easy baby as long as she eats. When she is sleepy I just throw her in her crib and she drifts off.

2. I am still breastfeeding. I pump once at lunch. I just can't stand the idea of pumping at work, there are 4 women sharing one pumping room and each pumps at least twice so you can imagine the traffic. She gets about 8-12 ounces of formula and the rest breast milk.

3. Since I have been on the progesterone life has gotten a lot better. I don't have the hormonal ups and downs. My periods have gotten a lot better too. AF showed up yesterday and I didn't know it, I had no glaring symptoms. No brown spotting or debilitating cramps. I felt some light cramps yesterday and by the evening AF has showed up. I don't recall the last time I had symptom free period. I have some faint cramps today and not bad enough to take a pain killer. I have come a long way from where I was just two month ago. I was so miserable hormonally after the baby and it was depressing me.

4. We put an offer for a new home and had a week if we want to back out. By the third day I was ready to back out of the deal so we did. I love the place; I am still not sure why I am having such a hard time making a decision. It is above our price range and a few things I didn't like but overall it had more than we want in a house. This is not something I can sleep on since we had to let the developer know within a few days without losing our deposit. So since I am not sure I have decided to just let it go even if it is painful. Can you tell that I am terrified of being in debt for 30 years? My husband is irritated with my indecisive nature, I don't blame him. I am irritated with myself too :)

5. Dr. S, my Napro Dr. is retiring so I am a little sad. I have decided that we will not actively try for another baby until the summer. I will be seeing the Dr in the same office in the spring to get a base line of my hormones and see if I need to be on the same meds as before. I am in my late 30s so I can't afford to wait any longer.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I can't even imagine a symptom free period. That's amazing!!! :) I am sorry your doctor is retiring, after going through all you have and finally finding a good one, it has to be hard to see him go. I'm also in my late 30's and can't afford to wait before trying again. I mean, we don't ever "prevent" but I won't start charting and timing intercourse until ... maybe May? I don't know. We'll see.

    I hope you're not too hard on yourself about the house. You absolutely have to listen to your gut on that decision. It's SO important, and you just can't afford to get it wrong. If "something just doesn't feel right" then I'm glad you listened to yourself, because clearly something was wrong. *hugs* Good job pulling out of that deal!

    ReplyDelete