fall

fall

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Slowly Approaching

My due date is slowly approaching, only a little over 5wks to go and that is if I make it that far.
My last scan showed all is good, baby is still small but growing. She hasn't turn head down yet and the technician had a nerve to say "this looks like a C-section baby". The scan was at 34wks, what makes her think that the baby would not turn over the next 6wks. I just ignored her comment. I hate people throwing the C-section word as if it is nothing and the normal thing to do. If baby doesn't turn by 36/37 wks I will attempt the exercise that they recommend on some of the birthing books I bought.

Walking has been challenging and I am starting to wobble but for the most part it is my knees and my soles that are hurting.

My co-workers had a baby shower for me, it was really nice. A few people know our struggle with infertility and the messages on the cards were so touching and it makes me happy that people are really excited for us. We got a lot of cloth and some big items. I still have a few items to buy, sheets for the co-sleeper and a few minor things but we have all the essentials now.
Sometimes I think of this blessing and remember where we were last year when I was having a hard time recovering from surgery. I thank God ever day for this experience.

I see the excitement on DH's face and it just makes me even happier. He is going to be a great dad.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so happy that things are going well!!! :) And stupid person saying c-section like that! There's absolutely NO REASON for a singleton baby to have c-section over presentation. She might turn on her own...and if not, when you get closer THEY CAN AND SHOULD make her turn. My friend who is 38 weeks pregnant just had to have it done. She said it was like a painful massage of her stomach and it had to be done in the hospital's labor and delivery just in case it put her into labor. But it only took like an hour total and she was home and now baby is head down and too big to turn again, just waiting to be born. Make sure they don't bully you into anything you don't want! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing this. I am 16 wks out. I can't imagine being 5!!! This is huge:) We have both waited so long for this...can't believe it is all really happening!!! So excited for you friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can see a chiropractor that will do massage/ligament release that allows the baby to flip on his/her own. I guess the feeling is if the baby doesn't flip after that, there may be something preventing the baby from flipping and a c-section might be needed at that point. My OB said that if they tried to make the baby flip there is an increased risk of needing an emergency C, and nobody wants that! We learned about the chiropractor's role in my Bradley class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you. How exciting that you can meet her in 5 weeks. Praying for a Safe & Healthy Delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I just started following your blog, and I am so happy to see that you have been successful after having gone through so much. It truly shows there is hope! Wishing you a wonderful delivery!

    ReplyDelete