fall

fall

Sunday, August 3, 2014

déjà vu: up at 3 am



I have been up since 3 am and two hours later I still can't sleep.   About a week ago I thought it would be a good idea to try raise my NDT level.  I am on very little NDT (only half a grain~ 32 mcgs).   Three months ago I couldn't tolerate increasing it or either adding T3 as prescribed.  I had palpitation, shoulder & arm pain etc.  So I have only been talking the NDT in the morning for the last few months and the symptoms have pretty much subsided. 


For about a month I have been feeling sluggish, especially after lunch and I thought it is time to try again and this time only increase the NDT by 1/4 grain in the afternoon.  After about five days of taking it, yes only 1/4 grain increase,  I am having the same symptoms without my heart racing but with the stomach discomfort, shoulder pain and arm pain.   I feel like I am marching on the same spot and it is driving me crazy.  On top of it I strained my neck and was unable to move it for a couple of days :( and that increased my headache. 


Now I am back to believing that my adrenals are not optimal and it is time for another saliva test.  Here we go again, back to spending more money.   I will also have to go back to get my thyroid levels checked.  The last time I was on the same dose my T4 was low. 


So freaking frustrating.   And I have no idea where my cycle is, cd24 today and no CM, none at all.  At least the hormone induced headache seem to have lifted but replaced by tension headache from te neck pain.


I went to a family gathering last Sunday and people told me I looked good, this is before the thyroid mess but I had pain/and was fighting a headache.  If only they knew.  I guess on the outside I am cool as a cucumber :).





1 comment:

  1. Oh man. Adrenals are so difficult! It's crazy how one hormone going out of whack will so quickly pull all the others out with it! Ugh. I hope you can get back to having everything in balance again. Hate spending all that money, but if it helps you keep going then it's worth it. So sorry! I hope all those tests can tell you what to do next.

    ReplyDelete