fall

fall

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Update


1. My niece graduated from high school and her parents had a party for her last Sat.  Huge party, more than 100 people showed up.   Most of the food was catered but I was tasked with making two huge pans of lasagna.   Since you all know my energy level and pain tolerance the work had to be split into two days.  I made the sauce a day before and made the lasagna on Sat morning.   The lasagna came out so good that both pans were gone pretty fast.   Of course I didn't test it since I am off gluten but the sauce was pretty good.  There were non left for the late comers.  We stopped by my sisters the day after the party for lunch.  They had some kind of yellow cake and I caved in and took three bites.  Lets just say my energy level was fine on Sunday but by Monday I was so sluggish and had a migraine like headache and I knew it is the gluten.  It took three days to get out of the funk. I had mild digestive issue for a day but the headache and fatigue were not fun and I just got around to mopping my floor that was suppose to be done on Monday.  I learned my lesson. 

2.  After cramping for four days AF showed up never be able to deal with the disappointment of AF arriving when TTC.  It has been six years since we first started to TTC, why is it so hard to deal with the disappointment?   I drank a lot of raspberry tea to deal with the cramps.  I should have drank it post ovulation too, it had made a huge difference in elevating my PMS.

3. I need to go see my Thyroid doctor.  Last time I saw her I was suppose to be on T3 twice a day in addition to desiccated thyroid twice a day.  I couldn't tolerate the T3 even at a lower dose so I stopped.  I also couldn't tolerate the 2nd dose of desiccated thyroid.   I was on T3 only for a few years but once I added the desiccated thyroid I couldn't tolerate T3.   So for the last few months I have only been taking desiccated thyroid in the morning.  I raised it by half a pill this morning.  I would like to split it twice a day instead of taking it all in the morning.  But I keep forgetting the afternoon dose so now I am taking all in the morning.   Is it best to take desiccated thyroid on an empty stomach?  I always take it 30 min before I eat breakfast and that had worked fine for me.  But I think I need to raise my level since my T4 was slightly lower on this dose so before I even go back to my doctor and do labs I want to raise it and see how I do.    

6.  Right now I am in less meds that I was for the last few years.  I am only taking the desiccated thyroid and prenatal vitamins and occasionally B12.   I am thinking of adding pycnogenol to my supplement to see if it helps the endo pain.   I don't do so well with a lot of meds, I feel overloaded especially my digestive system. 

7. I wouldn't have minded going to my doctor every two-three month as planned but I can't.  She doesn't take insurance which means I pay $300-400 out of pocket for each visit.  I can only do that twice a year.   I think I may have to find another doctor close by that would take insurance and treats with desiccated thyroid.  




2 comments:

  1. You are a rockstar and I think I need to try that lasagna! Mmmmm. I can't make 2 pans of lasagna without paying the price in my health. Luckily, I'm okay with gluten so I can eat it. Sounds so good right now. :) I'm sorry for the stupid AFV. It is always so hard to have your hopes dashed. As for the thyroid... I take dessicated and I was told to take it on an empty stomach, so I think you're supposed to do it. Also my regular doctor will prescribe it for me. I found a DO rather than an MD, and they are generally more open to doing things a little more non-traditionally. I had to push him a little to get it, but I told him all the research I'd done and how strongly I felt about it and he said he'd do it. In fact, I was willing to walk out if he said no... I was looking for a new doctor because my old one wouldn't prescribe it, so my first appointment with him was basically me saying that I wanted dessicated and I wouldn't be his patient unless he'd prescribe it for me. LOL. He's a really good doctor, and I'm glad I found him... and he accepts insurance. I hope you can find someone like that. Definitely look into the DO doctors, they're much more likely to do it.
    For the intestines, are you on a good probiotic? I use Dr. Ohirra's... but it's pricey and I have actual intestinal diseases so I can't cheap out on it... but there are many really good ones out there that aren't quite so spendy. Stop by a health food store and ask about them. You might have a bit of a "healing crisis"... a few days where you feel worse... but then everything turns around and feels so much better! Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the suggestions Coco. I will look in to DO doctors. I suck at pill taking. Once I figure out the optimum dosage of NDT I will add the probiotic. It has been a while since I stopped taking it.

      Delete