fall

fall

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Endometrial lining & Thyroid


I got a call from Napro Dr. office last week regarding my ultrasound result.  It was done on P + 6, 3 days after starting the estrogen suppository.  My lining measured 5 mm.  Not very good.  However, it was only 3 days of treatment so I assume my lining could have been a little better towards the end of treatment but would still not be optimal.   The nurse also said I possible have As.herm.an's Syn.drome which I already suspected but I would still have to do an HSG or hysteroscopy to determine if this is the issue.   My AF was much better this cycle in quantity, even with the 5 mm endometrial thickness.  It was 2-3 days of light flow.   Without estrogen it was only 2-3 days of spotting.

I am on cd14 and no hint of ovulation what so ever.  I usually ovulate on cd13/14 or sometimes. I haven't seen any fertile CM so it seems like the estrogen cream has messed up my cycle.   Just wonderful. 

So I have been looking for a Gyno in our area to see about As.herm.an's syn.drome.    I really do not want to go to the Dr. who did the D & C.   I could have the HSG done in his office but I think I am better off just going to a Dr. that specializes in removing scar tissue from the uterus.   So after searching and searching I finally have a Dr. identified and will call for consultation.  Just hope that they take my insurance.  

It wouldn't be wise for me to keep doing estrogen treatment  just in case that my lining is sheading and not exiting fully due to some restriction in my uterus.  Pretty much this will end in endometriosis and could also be a reason for the recent increase in lower back and pelvic pain.  After I found out the ultrasound result I immediately called my old acupuncturist and made an appointment for the weekend and I am seeing her weekly.  Luckily my insurance covers this so that is a plus.

I saw my Dr. who treats my thyroid.  My labs looked fine with the exception of free T4 which was low.  This was the case when I visited the emergency room last month so not surprising.  We increased the naturethroid med to twice a day so I will be on 64 mg.   We cut back on T3 med and split the dose to twice a day instead of just one in the morning.   I am so excited to go up in dosage for the naturethroid since that made me feel a lot better.

I am still waking up in the middle of the night sometimes but are able to fall back asleep easily so that is an improvement and I haven't had any palpations recently.   I haven't resumed the LDN but will do so in a couple of weeks once I adapt to the new dosage of thyroid meds. 







 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! What can they do to help the Ashe.rman's? That is just stinky. Glad your insurance will cover the accupuncture! Hope they'll cover the new doc as well, it's so important to have a doc you feel comfortable with. Yay for upping thyroid meds and sleeping through the night a bit better! It makes such a difference to have some sleep, and hopefully the pain will start to go away too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco, it all depends how bad the scar tissue is, if it is not a lot then it can be removed and that may take care of it. However, even after removal it can return.

    ReplyDelete