fall

fall

Friday, November 16, 2012

Wonky Cycles & TTC

Oh how I hate talking about cycles.  It makes me tired :.   I breastfeed/pumped for 6 months.  My cycle returned 3 wk after birth, so much for the break I was hoping for.  Anyhow after birth my cycles were regular with no spotting.  I was excited because I though the possibility of getting pregnant without going through treatment.    At the time I didn't chart or use OPK but I had thought I was ovulating normally.   After I stopped breastfeeding and started taking the progesterone my cycle have been all over the place.   At first I had a couple of long cycles, 37 day. The last three month I had a 37, 23 and 16 day cycles.   So weird.  So I finally went out and got an OPK.  This cycle seemed to be "normal" so I thought but it lasted 25 days.   I had the usual hormonal ups and downs.  OPK was positive on day 12.  I had limited CM but it was there.  I actually thought the possibility of pregnancy for a couple of days.  My boobs were very sore, I felt some nausea but like always it is one of those bad periods.    Every time I get the disappointment of CD1  all I have to do is look at my daughter and I feel at ease. I remember praying for a pregnancy and asking for GOD for just one child.  Now I am asking for a 2nd and I am sometimes ashamed.   I should be happy with what I have and be OK.  But it takes me time to get to that level emotionally. I want MH to have siblings but if that is not in the card for us then I want to be OK with it without the emotional turmoil.    Do I make sense?

I went to my Dr. a few weeks ago.  I had stopped taking all the supplements because I was feeling blaaa, I actually felt better so may be one of the supplement is not agreeing with me or my body needed a break.   So I didn't do the lab she ordered.  It most likely would look like the last one so didn't see the point.  I wanted a follow up with her to see what else I can do about the pain, anxiety and headaches.   After hearing me out she went back to telling me to try C.y.mbalta.  She said it might work for the pain in turn will help the anxiety    She forgot she had prescribed it 2 years ago;  I took it for a few days and felt like I was dying, not only did it make my anxiety worse it made me feel weird and not myself.   I think she has done all she could for me.

Any how I will be seeing the Napro Dr in December and do some lab work.  I haven't taken LDN since before pregnancy, may be going back on it will help the anxiety.    Since Dr. S in PA retired I am going to a Dr. in the same practice.  I haven't met her and she doesn't know my health history.  I feel like I am starting over and it will take a while.  May be I will give them a call and get some blood work done before I go up there.  Anyone who was Dr. S.tegman patient but seeing the Dr. in the same practice please let me know of your experience.





3 comments:

  1. Are you exercising at all? That helps me feel a lot better. That's great that you have a napro doctor nearby. That will definitely be a step in the right direction. And yes, you do make sense about wanting another. I am having my first on Monday via c-section, and I am so grateful that after 5 years we are going to have one, at least one. But, at the same time, I already want to have that second . . . and third . . . and fourth. And I so do not look forward to charting and all the meds again. It's been such a nice break for 9 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much exercise. I walk a couple of times a week. I could do more but I also have endo pain that sometimes gets worse with exercise. I am so excited for you.

      Delete
  2. Oh sweetie, you make all the sense in the world. God put it into our hearts to be mothers. He commanded us to multiply. It is a righteous desire, and I hope he grants unto you according to your desires. I'm glad you have an appointment with a napro coming up! I wish there were someone that good around here. I'm on cd76 today... and all I have is another yeast infection. Ha! But good luck and keep hanging in there! We're all hanging with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete