fall

fall

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Anti-Inflammatory/Paleo like Diet Update

So back in October I started a modified Paleo/anti-inflammatory diet.   So this post is meant to keep me accountable to continue and improve my diet even further.  

So I stuck to most eliminated food.  I have been off gluten for six years now.  In addition to gluten, I cut out most grains with the exception of rice and teff.   I also cut out legumes and decreased my rice intake by at least half and filled my plates with more vegetables.    The little cheese I was eating on a daily bases with breakfast I eliminated.  The only diary that I have been consuming is a little cream with my coffee. 

So first on the measurable accomplishment, I lost about 6 lb and able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy pants.  6lb on my small frame is huge for me.  My tummy is still a little big but not as big as what it used to be.  On most days I don't look pregnant so that is a huge plus.   Another 3-4lb would put me back in all of my old clothes. 

The occasional IBS symptoms are completely gone and I rarely get blotted.    Overall I feel better, I don't get hungry easily like I used to. 

Around Christmas my DH was home for 6 weeks and I kind of slipped a little on eating more vegetables.   Our schedule was tossed in the air; we would get up late and only managed to eat two meals.   I have been making soup (mainly veggie) that I have with breakfast which has helped a lot. 

Where I did not do good is on giving up sugar and eating more fish.  I still have a teaspoon of sugar in my one cup a day coffee and enjoy it so I am not going to give it up.  Besides that I rarely have any sugary food; going off gluten eliminated most of my sugary intake.   I haven't been able to find a good source of fish that don't cost a lot.

The next phase is for me to try to cut our red meat consumption.  We eat it at least 2-3 times a week.   With all that I am eliminating it is hard to find protein source to replace the red meat.  I still need to do better on increasing our vegetable intake.  I am not consistent, some days I manage to cook 2-3 kinds of veggies and other days I barely have one.  I also need to increase my fruit intake.

What is lacking here is the inclusion of exercise.  But that is another blog post.  With the Endo pain, any exercise I incorporate leaves me with increased pain the next day :(



 

No comments:

Post a Comment