fall

fall

Monday, May 23, 2011

Feeling Better

After two weeks of what seem like prepregnancy symptoms, i.e migraines, fatigue, and anxious feeling I am back to "normal". After about a week I figured out that the return of these symptoms could be connected to not being on the progesterone shot. About a little over three weeks ago my levels were high enough (56.5 ng/mL) and Dr. S told me that I can stop the shots.
I think my body needed to get used not having the shots and now I am back to feeling better.

People at work ask me how I am feeling on a daily bases and I don't have a reference. I usually tell them better than prepregnancy but people don't understand. They usual wait for the I am tired or my back hurts answer. I really don't have a reference in to how I should be feeling since I felt ill before pregnancy. Now I can walk for longer, sit up straight, less fatigued or tense since I don't have the Endo pain digging inside and it is amazing.

Baby girl is kicking away and I feel her more and more but too early to be seen from outside. I am 22 wks and that is more than half way and I don't know where the time went. I only have four months to go and that is pretty scary and exciting at the same time.

The other day I was watching "Pregnant in America" and it was pretty interesting. It is a little harsh on the current medical system so you have to take it with a grain of salt but has good points on why we have 30% of C-section rate and the widely use of drugs etc. The "at home" births on the movie just makes giving birth so darn easy, I wish I had the guts to do that but I am seriously thinking of refusing epidural unless it becomes unbearable. My mother had eight kids with no drugs and I don't hear her complaining how labor pain was so bad so may be I can do it to, after all my pain threshold is pretty high thanks to Endo.

I took the week off from work and will go on a two day trip but staying in town for the rest and will be spending time with hubby. I really wanted to go to Aruba but just terrified of flying while pregnant. The first trimester bleeding has scared me enough that I just don’t want to take any chances.

I am just so happy to be where we are now and thanking god for the child growing inside of me. I love being pregnant, will see if I feel the same in the third trimester and summer heat :).

1 comment:

  1. OMH! What is wrong with Blogger today? This is the 4th time I've tried to comment. It's just not letting me. And it keeps showing that I'm "anonymous" so if it does that again, this is Coco. Haha.
    Anyway, congrats on 22 weeks and feeling great! I haven't seen the documentary, but know that I disagree with it. Haha. The c-section I had (after 28 hours of labor) saved my life, and my baby's life. We both would've died without it. And I did A LOT of research before deciding this time whether to try a vaginal or do another c-section. There are a lot of people out there saying a lot of really untrue things about c-section. I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish. All I'm trying to accomplish is getting my baby here safely!!! :) But it doesn't help that I'm told I'm less of a woman for being infertile, and then even less of a woman for not being able to deliver vaginally! Ugh.
    Epidurals are from heaven!!! haha. Of course I had 28 hours of labor... and did about 10-12 of that without any pain meds. When I did ask for the epidural, it took them almost 2 hours to get it to me!!! So maybe tell your doctor that you'd like to do natural, but could they have the epidural set up and ready "just in case."
    I'm with you about traveling though! I'm supposed to go to a family reunion in June, but it's pretty far away. I don't want to fly this late in pregnancy, and it's about a 12 hour drive, and with all the bleeding and problems I've been having... I just don't want to get that far away from my doctor. I think we should just all stay home and eat something, maybe put our feet up. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete